San Joaquin Community Health Information Exchange (SJCHIE) is a non-profit organization working to improve the quality and efficiency of care for residents of San Joaquin County and surrounding areas. We enable health care organizations to share information electronically and securely, so that doctors and nurses have accurate information at the point of care.
SJCHIE was founded as a partnership between San Joaquin General Hospital, Community Medical Centers, San Joaquin County Health Care Services Agency, San Joaquin County Behavioral Health Services, and Health Plan of San Joaquin, to create cost effective health information exchange solutions for local providers. In 2013, SJCHIE contracted with Inland Empire Health Information Exchange to take advantage of its established infrastructure, policies, and procedures, including a technology platform provided by Orion Health, to expedite the provisioning of data exchange services in our region.
Our Mission & Vision
SJCHIE’s mission is to promote the holistic well-being of the members of the San Joaquin community through the secure exchange of health information.
Our vision is to connect participating health care organizations in and around San Joaquin County through a health information exchange designed to improve the quality of life and longevity of local residents.
Our objectives include
- Informed transitions of care between hospitals, primary care providers, and specialists
- The integration of behavioral health with primary and acute care delivery
- Assistance to participants in achieving Meaningful Use objectives (for example: transitions of care, public health reporting, and patient engagement)
- Coordinated care management with the Health Plan of San Joaquin
- Support for new models of care such as the Patient Centered Medical Home
- Value-based data sharing for efficiency and cost reduction in all areas of care delivery
Board of Directors
As a non-profit organization, SJCHIE is governed by a Board of Directors that monitors operations and sets organizational goals to benefit our members, the people they serve, and the wider community. Our current Board members are:
- David Culberson, President
Chief Executive Officer, San Joaquin General Hospital
- Amy Shin, Treasurer
Chief Executive Officer, Health Plan of San Joaquin
- Vic Singh, Secretary
Director, San Joaquin County Behavioral Health Services
- Greg Diederich
Director, San Joaquin County Health Care Services Agency
- Christine Noguera
Chief Executive Officer, Community Medical Centers
The Executive Director of SJCHIE, reporting to the Board, is Mark Elson, PhD.
For more information about SJCHIE, please contact us.